[Insight-users] MetaImage format and data offset (proposal?)

Stephen R. Aylward aylward@unc.edu
Fri, 10 May 2002 12:21:31 -0400

These are great ideas!

We are almost ready to check in a new version of MetaImage, but I hadn't
planned on including those options.   If you want to add them to the
current version, I will make sure your changes propagate to the new version.

As far as documentation goes....I'll send you something rough in a
separate email.

Stephen

Jarek Sacha wrote:

> Is there a specification of the MetaImage file format? I mean something more detailed than at http://www.itk.org/HTML/Data.htm
>
> I looked at above page and into source of itkMetaImageIO.cxx and do not see provision for offset to first image and spacing between images. I wonder is offset and gap are part of MetaImage format specification? (if such exists)
>
> Adding support for offset and spacing looks relatively simple (I volunteer).
> Could I propose addition of two new tags to MetaImage format (if they are not there yet): OffsetToFirstImage and GapBetweenImages?
>
> Jarek

Dr. Stephen R. Aylward
Assistant Professor of Radiology
Adjunct Assistant Professor of Computer Science
http://caddlab.rad.unc.edu
aylward@unc.edu
(919) 966-9695