[Insight-users] Re: MultResMIRegistration using CT and US

Jon Harald Kaspersen Jon.H.Kaspersen@unimed.sintef.no
Thu, 16 May 2002 16:27:06 +0200

--Apple-Mail-1-302353379

Hi again Luis,

Thanks again, this is good news.

With my limited experience with this registration algorithm I can detect
good registrations in some areas and bad in others.  I have to rewrite
the code so that the
output is in a form that it can be input in one of our VTK visualization
apps.

And yes, there was a typo in the URL, it should read
http://www.us.unimed.sintef.no/

Regards
Jon

On Thursday, May 16, 2002, at 03:45 PM, Luis Ibanez wrote:

> From: Luis Ibanez <luis.ibanez@kitware.com>
> Date: Thu May 16, 2002  03:45:54 PM Europe/Paris
> To: Jon Harald Kaspersen <Jon.H.Kaspersen@unimed.sintef.no>
> Cc: insight-users <insight-users@public.kitware.com>, Lydia Ng
> <lng@insightful.com>
> Subject: [Insight-users] Re: MultResMIRegistration using CT and US
>

> Hi Jon,
>

> Having a different structure of gray levels in both
> images is not a problem for Mutual Information.
> In fact this is the case in which MI is interesting
> and when it behaves better because MI is not measuring
> how similar the pixel's gray levels are but rather
> how often the gray levels appear together.
> So, MI can match drak structure of one image to bright
> structures of the other.
>
> Having structures that light up in one modality and
> do not differentiate in the other is Ok in general.
> The potential risks however is if each modality has
> two different antomical structures that look similar
> and could lead the registration algorithm to try to
> match them.
>

> How is the registration behaving ?
> is it converging to a wrong position ?
>

> Thanks
>

>   Luis
>

> BTW, I could not load your URL.
> could there by a typo on it, maybe ?

Jon Harald Kaspersen			Tel: 		+47 73 59 75 89
Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering		Mob:		+47 93 03 65 90
Senior Scientist				Pager	+47 96 84 29 94
SINTEF Unimed - Ultralyd		Fax: 		+47 73 59 78 73
N-7465 Trondheim
NORWAY			e-mail:	Jon.H.Kaspersen@unimed.sintef.no
				WEB:	http://www.us.unimed.sintef.no/

Jon Harald Kaspersen			Tel: 		+47 73 59 75 89

Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering		Mob:		+47 93 03 65 90

Senior Scientist				Pager	+47 96 84 29 94

SINTEF Unimed - Ultralyd		Fax: 		+47 73 59 78 73

N-7465 Trondheim

NORWAY			e-mail:	Jon.H.Kaspersen@unimed.sintef.no

--Apple-Mail-1-302353379--