[Insight-users] New level-set solver code and example application.

Joshua Cates cates@sci.utah.edu
Tue, 21 May 2002 12:14:54 -0600 (MDT)

Hello all,

I've checked in some major updates to the sparse field level set solver
class, including new documentation and tests.  For those of you familiar
with level set methods for image processing, this is a sort of "extreme"
narrow-banding technique.  It is very fast and memory efficient.  We are
also working on a multi-threaded version of this solver.

http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1SparseFieldLevelSetImageFilter.html

There is also a new filter which uses the sparse field solver:
AntiAliasBinaryImageFilter. This is a method for filtering binary volumes
to reduce aliasing artifacts when visualizing volume surfaces. There is a
sample application under Examples in the cvs repository.  At itk.org there
is a tutorial page with pictures under the Examples section:

http://www.itk.org/HTML/AntiAliasBinaryImageFilterExample.html

Josh.

 Josh Cates
 School of Computer Science