[Insight-users] DICOM writing support?

Koen Van Leemput koen.vanleemput@hus.fi
Fri, 24 May 2002 11:09:35 +0300

Hi,

I am wondering about ITK's plans for support of the DICOM format. There w=
as a=20
message in this mailing list about one month ago stating that support for=
=20
reading DICOM files is currently under development.=20

My question is: are there also plans for *writing* DICOM? This is an impo=
rtant=20
issue in a hospital environment where images need to be transferred over =
a=20
PACS system after processing.=20

If support for writing DICOM files is not planned, does anyone know of a =
good=20
starting point on how to implement this?=20

Also, when can the DICOM reading module be expected to be available in IT=
K?

Thanks,

Koen

--=20
****
Koen Van Leemput, Ph.D.                email : koen.vanleemput@hus.fi
Department of Radiology                  phone: +358 9 471 71331
Helsinki University Central Hospital   mobile: +358 9 471 62300    =20
P.O. Box 340                                    =20
FIN-00029 HUS
FINLAND
*****