[Insight-users] Re: Registration of time sequence of breast images

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Sat, 25 May 2002 00:26:23 -0400

Hi  Sachin,

Could you give us more details on the type of registration
you are interested on  ?

Do you want to register the 2D image of time (t) with
the 2D image at time (t+1)  ?

If this is the case, you can probably use a metric like
MeanSquares and an Affine tranform.

The following example illustrates how to put them together.

Insight/Testing/Code/Algorithms/itkImageRegistrationMethodTest_2.cxx

Note that this example is generating ficticious images by using
an auxiliary class "imageSource" in lines 96 and 97.
You will have to replace this by two ImageFileReader<> that
will read your image files.

The mechanisms that you can use for improving performance
depend on the characteristics of your images. In particular what
resolution they have and how noisy they are.

You could use for example, the MultiResolution  registration
framework in order to do progressive registration.

Do you have any image of this type that you could post on the web ?