[Insight-users] Problems with templated image

Mark Hastenteufel M . Hastenteufel at dkfz-heidelberg . de
Mon, 27 May 2002 15:10:59 +0200

Dear ITK community, dear ITK developers,

I'm using ITK for some weeks now and I like it. I use it for some
registration tasks. But I encountered now a problem using the templated
ITK image type. I wanted to implement a image converter to convert our
inhouse image format to the itk image format. Our inhouse image format
store internally the datatype and the dimension of the image, like vtk.
But when I want to declare an itk image, I have to know before the
dataype and the dimension. The same thing is when reading a raw image, I
have to know the dataype and the dimension before.

It should be possible to read or convert an image without knowing its
datatype and dimension. Do you have any suggestions how to handle this?

Thanks in advance,

Mark

--
Mark Hastenteufel
Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum         (German Cancer Research Center)