[Insight-users] Streaming support in ITK

Thu, 30 May 2002 22:22:55 -0400

Hi Jarek,

The current API of readers (and filters)
provide the necesary support for streaming.

Your assumption is correct, if you write your
own TiffImageIO the only thing that you have
to do in order to be streaming-compatible is
to read only the "RequestedRegion" as specified
by the output image of the ImageFileReader.

In that way, when your filter gets connected
to a pipeline, the filters that get information
from the reader will be able to ask the reader
for pieces of your data.

That will make possible to process your 4 GB
of image in pieces of let's say, 40 MB and
to reassemble the pieces at the end of the
pipeline.