[Insight-users] Downsampling

Fri, 31 May 2002 08:39:56 -0400

You may also want to smooth the image before
subsampling with the itkShrinkImageFilter.

It depends on the frequency content of your image
and how far do you want to subsample.

Several low-pass filters are available in ITK.

Another pointer to subsampling could be the MultiResolutionPyramid:
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1RecursiveMultiResolutionPyramidImageFilter.html#_details
which basically does smoothing and subsampling for various levels.

   Luis