AW: [Insight-users] Snake?, Yes

Waltraud Henrich henrich@ira.uka.de
Sun, 10 Nov 2002 14:07:17 +0100

Hi,

 I would like to use "deformablemesh3Dfilter" but I am not sure how to
do this.
I am working with VTK (vtkImageData). First I connect my VTK pipeline to an
ITK
pipeline, with vtkImageExport -> itk::VTKImageImport for VTK->ITK and
at the end itk::VTKImageExport -> vtkImageImport for ITK->VTK.
After the first connection I used ImageToMeshFilter for to get a mesh.
The next step was that I used the GradientImageFilter, then the
DeformableMesh3DFilter.
My question now are:
- how can I use the DeformableMesh3DFilter in a corrct way ?
- how exactly is the DeformableMesh3DFilter working ?
- and then I would like to know if the way I used the filters was right

I add my code

//VTK->ITK

	vtkImageExport* vtkExporter = vtkImageExport::New();
	vtkExporter->SetInput(pImage);

//------------------------------------------------------------------------
	// VTK to ITK pipeline connection.

//------------------------------------------------------------------------

	typedef itk::Image<short, 3> ImageType;
	typedef itk::Image<unsigned long, 3> ImageTypeULONG;
	typedef itk::VTKImageImport<ImageType> ImageImportType;
	ImageImportType::Pointer itkImporter = ImageImportType::New();
	ConnectPipelines(vtkExporter, itkImporter);

	typedef itk::Mesh<short, 3> MeshType;
	itk::ImageToMeshFilter<ImageType, MeshType>::Pointer
		mesh = itk::ImageToMeshFilter<ImageType,MeshType>::New();
	mesh->SetInput(0,itkImporter->GetOutput());
	mesh->Update();

	typedef itk::GradientImageFilter<ImageType, short, short>
FilterType;
    typedef FilterType::OutputImageType OutputImageType;

      // Set up filter
    itk::GradientImageFilter<ImageType, short, short>::Pointer
      filter = itk::GradientImageFilter<ImageType, short, short>::New();

	double m_stiff[2];
	double m_scale[3];
	m_stiff[0]=0.00001;
	m_stiff[1]=0.04;
	m_scale[0] = 2;
	m_scale[1] = 2;
	m_scale[2] = 2;

	itk::DeformableMesh3DFilter<MeshType, MeshType>::Pointer
	m_bfilter= itk::DeformableMesh3DFilter<MeshType, MeshType>::New();
	m_bfilter->SetStiffness(m_stiff);
	m_bfilter->SetTimeStep(0.2);
	m_bfilter->SetStepThreshold(1);
	m_bfilter->SetScale(m_scale);
	m_bfilter->SetGradient(filter->GetOutput());
	m_bfilter->SetInput(mesh->GetOutput());
	m_bfilter->Update();

//------------------------------------------------------------------------
	// ITK to VTK pipeline connection.

//------------------------------------------------------------------------

	typedef itk::VTKImageExport<ImageTypeULONG> ImageExportType;

	ImageExportType::Pointer itkExporter = ImageExportType::New();
	itkExporter->SetInput(m_bfilter->GetOutput());

	// Create the vtkImageImport and connect it to the
itk::VTKImageExport instance.
	vtkImageImport* vtkImageImport = vtkImageImport::New();
	ConnectPipelines(itkExporter, vtkImageImport);

	vtkImageImport->Update();

	vtkImageData* pResultImage = vtkImageImport->GetOutput();

	vtkImageData* pNewResultImage = vtkImageData::New();
	pNewResultImage->DeepCopy(pResultImage);

	GfxPlaneViewer(pNewResultImage, "snake");

I want to thanks for your help in advance.
Yours sincerely

Waltraut Henrich