[Insight-users] color image viewer

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Mon, 11 Nov 2002 10:15:36 -0500

Hi Zein,

I'm affraid the fltkImageViewer (that is, the 3D
version) cannot be used directly for RGB.

ITK is not supposed to provided any visualization
or GUI capabilities. All the classes in Auxiliary
have been developed with the only purpouse of
facilitating examples applications.

For this reason we can not invest much resources
on maintaining or improving these visualization
classes.

However, as Stephen just said, the main component
of fltkRGBImage2DViewer is the GLColorSliceView
class.

You could probably create a variant of fltkImageViewer
by replacing the internal GLSliceView by the
GLColorSliceView and if you want to contribute
the new class to ITK we will be glad to include it
on the repository.

You could also use VTK for visualization by taking
advantage of the ITK to VTK conversion filters.

Hope that helps.