[Insight-users] query on Interpolation and Resampling..

suresh suresh " <suresh_kb@rediffmail.com
12 Nov 2002 09:31:14 -0000

hi all,

about resampling...

i posted a message erlier on the same issue.
now i did some chages to the code.

here is the description of the code and changes.

1. i took a MRI of size 256X256X120.
2. i subsampled it manually by dropping alternate pixel in all the
three directions.The result is a 128X128X60 image which looks
good.
4. Now i applied ResampleImageFilter witg AffineTransform set to
Identity.and default Interpolation .
5. The result is a 256X256X120 image. but...
    the actual brain image is 1/4 th earlier image.(the subsampled
one).
    What i expect is to be same as the original image .But The
interpolation is not done that way.The whole image is about 36
slices (84 to 119), all other slices were simply of 0 intensity.

6. The change i did to this procedure is setting the outputimage
spacing to half the original.
7. The image looks larger.. but  stil all that image is with some
30 - 40 slices. all other slices were simply of o intensity.

I guess the problem is with interpolation. am i right??

Please can any body help me to get this right.

Thank you.

suresh