[Insight-users] Iterative use of DeformableMeshFilter3D

Th. Boettger t.boettger@dkfz-heidelberg.de
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 14:39:39 +0100

Hallo,

I want to use the DeformableMeshFilter3D iterative, which means that I
want to deform my input mesh a little - view it - deform it - view it
and so on. The problem is the Filter provides a attribute for steps to
perform, but all these steps are performed at once and one can't stop
the filter.

So I tried to keep the resulting mesh and set it as input for the next
run. This didn't work, because either the source of the mesh was lost
(which was the old deformfilter newly instanciated) or the source of the
filter was the filter itself (only one run earlier) which - of course -
couldn't work.

Can anyone tell me what the correct way of implementing my desired
behaviour is? I want to perform several runs with the same filter
object. On each run I want to set the input of the filter to the filters
output of the previous run. Why can't I keep the mesh without knowing
it's source. The mesh - once computed - is all what I need for input.

Thanks in advance,
Thomas Boettger

--
Dipl.-Inform. Thomas Boettger
Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum         (German Cancer Research Center)