[Insight-users] ITK Polygon representation

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 12:16:05 -0500

Hi Ofri,

The reorganization of the Examples directory started after the 1.0
release. The previous Examples directory was renamed "Applications"
and a new set of directories are being created under "Examples" now.
This is work in progress.

About CVS management:

I'm assuming that you installed the release from the tarballs in
the itk.org web site. Is this right ?

In the tarballs, the CVS directories were intentionally stripped
to prevent users from accidentally updating from the repository.

If you want to stay with the 1.0 release, but still use CVS, I
will recomend the following procedure:

1) start in a clean directory where you want to
    put ITK sources.

2) cvs login by doing:

    cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@public.kitware.com:/cvsroot/Insight login

    and answer the password with "insight"

3) cvs checkout the 1.0 release by doing

    cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@public.kitware.com:/cvsroot/Insight co
Insight -r Release-1-0

    please note that the previous command is a single line. (my
    email editor may be wrapping the line though...)

4) Once you get the full checkout, cd into the Examples directory
    and type the following cvs command:

    cvs update -dPA

    This will update *only* the Examples directory.
    The CVS options will do the following:

    -d  will bring new directories that
        are not yet in your current checkout
    -P  will prune from your checkout the directories that
        are now empy on the repository.
    -A  will remove the sticky tag that were associated
        with the files when you checked them out with
        cvs co -r Release-1-0

After this, you will have a release 1.0 checkout with
the Examples directory of the current development version.

----

Please let us know if you have further questions,