[Insight-users] installation problem

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 18:29:09 -0500

Hi imho,

You certainly can configure manually your project
from the IDE of VisualC++ but...
it will be pretty painful to get it right.

Using CMake is the most efficient way to do it.

One of the remarkable reasons for using CMake to
configure your project is that otherwise it will
result almost impossible to move your project to
another computer in the future since all the
paths are handwriten in the VC++ GUI.  You may
have already verified how fun it is to browse on
the tiny textbox in Project/Settings looking for
a directory among a list of 20 or 30 others...  :-)

CMake will use your CMakeLists.txt file and generate
a consistent .dsw workspace for VisualC++. ( and
remember to refrain yourself for making any changes
in this workspace. since it is generated, any changes
should be made on the CMakeLists.txt file and then
rerun CMake)

----

If you are combining VTK + Qt + ITK there is
even more important to use CMake. There are
example applications in the Insight/Applications
directory that illustrate how to combine easily
ITK with Qt and with VTK.

You may want to look at

Insight/Applications/QtITK  (for ITK+Qt)

and any of the following for ITK + VTK

Insight/Applications/ThinPlatesSplines
Insight/Applications/ThresholdSegmentationLevelSet

Please let us know if you have further questions.

Thanks,