[Insight-users] Hello Word problem on linux

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Thu, 21 Nov 2002 15:40:34 -0500

Hi Ghassan,

You seem to be running "cmake" the first time.

You should not run "cmake" but "ccmake".

"cmake" is the non interactive version. It will
not give you a chance to provide all the parameters
that your require.

You have to run first:

      ccmake ../ITK-source

That will bring up a very simple curses interface
where you have to provide the parameters required
by your project.

Only after you have succesfully run "ccmake" you
can run "cmake".

Here is the sequence of steps:

1) mkdir ITK-Example-source
2) mkdir ITK-Example-binary
3) cp  ~/src/Insight/Application/SampleProject/*  ITK-Example-source
4) cd ITK-Example-binary
5) ccmake ../ITK-Example-source
    (fill out the variables in the curses interface,
     configure with "c"
     generate with "g")
6) make

Please let us know if you continue experiencing any problems,