[Insight-users] gcc-xml

Neil Killeen Neil.Killeen@atnf.csiro.au
Mon, 25 Nov 2002 14:29:35 +1100 (EST)

There is always one more thing...

I have been trying to build the itk system with the Tcl wrappers as well
as access to vltk.  I think I am doing this because it's useful
generically, but more specifically so that I can operate some
of the examples which require a GUI, fltk, vltk for display and I think
tcl.

SO I have installed Cable, fltk, and vtk ok. However, Cable is failing to
run because it  requires yet another package, gcc-xml, sigh.

Specifically, it is failing in build/Wrapping/Tcl/Numerics  on the command

#!/bin/csh
/DATA/ELARA_3/nkilleen/Cable/build/cable \
/DATA/ELARA_3/nkilleen/itk/InsightToolkit-1.0.0/Wrapping/Tcl/Numerics/wrap_ITKNumerics.cxx
\
-tcl wrap_ITKNumerics_tcl.cxx --gccxml-compiler g++-3.1.1 \
### snip lots of -I includes

Having read the gcc-xml page I am now to scared to proceed, since anything
that requires building of compilers, such as gcc, is a nightmare.

Now, before I pass the buck, and ask my system person to do this for me,
I'd like to ask you lot, how important this is to have.

If I don't have gcc-xml does that mean I can have no
Tcl wrappers and no fltk GUIS (are they written in Tcl ?)
for itk ?

Also, if i proceed, is gcc-xml known to be buildable with
gcc 3.1.1 ?

thanks
Neil