[Insight-users] Class to represent points of closed contour?

Ofri Sadowsky ofri@cs.jhu.edu
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 09:42:50 -0500

--------------50AC16402DC40E7066D33551

Joining the question.
I have been searching for a similar thing for a while, and have not
found it yet. I thought that itk::MeshRegion was supposed to handle
that, but from a recent question of mine, it is not yet fully developed.

In any case, you can try to use itk::Mesh to represent the polygon
(contour). I've been working on that too for a while, and I'm about to
get some results. But that still does not answer for the
"IsInside" question.

Ofri.

Parag Chandra wrote:

> Hi all, I apologize if this has been asked before, but it's currently
> a little difficult to search the archives. Basically what I want to
> know is, what is the best way to represent the points of a closed
> contour that I've traced out on a 2-D, binary image? I am currently
> just using std::vector<itk::Point> for this purpose, but I would like
> to be able to perform operations like "Is a given point inside the
> contour or outside?", and I suspect that there is already something in
> ITK that will let me do this. Thanks in advance. Best regards,Parag
> Chandra

--------------50AC16402DC40E7066D33551

Joining the question.
not found it yet. I&nbsp;thought that itk::MeshRegion was supposed to handle
that, but from a recent question of mine, it is not yet fully developed.
(contour). I've been working on that too for a while, and I'm about to
get some results. But that still does not answer for the "IsInside"&nbsp;question.
this has been asked before, but it's currently a little difficult to search
the archives. Basically what I want to know is, what is the best way to
represent the points of a closed contour that I've traced out on a 2-D,
binary image? I am currently just using std::vector&lt;itk::Point> for