[Insight-users] Beginning installation question

Bill Oliver billo@Radix.Net
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 17:09:51 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 27 Nov 2002, Luis Ibanez wrote:

> From: Luis Ibanez <luis.ibanez@kitware.com>
>

> Hi Bill,
>
> A lateral comment first:
>
>   are you doing this intallation while
>   being logged as "root" ?
>   It may be better to be logged as a normal user...
>   This should not be the source of the error though.

Normally I do, but I tend to install system-wide packages
as root.  I have had problems with installation scripts
into /usr/local, etc. when logged in as billo.

> It looks like you created a subdirectory on the
> top directory of the Insight source tree and tried
> to use it as a binary dir.

Nope.  I just found the error -- it turns out that I had
installed cmake wrong.  I had installed the cmake files
in /usr/local/cmake, and when I ran cmake, it couldn't
find the stuff in /usr/local/cmake/share.  I moved
the /usr/local/cmake/bin files to /usr/local/bin and
the /usr/local/cmake/share stuff to /usr/local/share,
and it seems to be chugging along right now.

Thanks for your help!

billo