[Insight-users] output of filter, image filled with zeros

Ghassan Hamarneh ghamarneh@yahoo.com
Fri, 29 Nov 2002 15:05:40 -0500 (EST)

Thanks Luis,

I am not able to create a uint-to-float filter as you wrote. It seems that the
filter output and input must be the same type. But I got the idea and created
this pipeline, which works fine:

reader(uint)
->rescaler(uint2float)
->filter(float2float)
->rescaler2(float2uint)
->writer(uint)

Thanks,

/Ghassan

--------------------------

Hi Ghassan,

Your code looks fine.
The problem maybe on the image type itself.
The dynamic range may not be representing the
gradient correctly.

I would suggest you to define the
GradientMagnitudeImageFilter as having input
image of type <unsigned short> and output image
of type <float>. Then use an RescaleIntensity
image filter to scale the levels of the image
The RescaleIntensity filter can be defined with
input image <float> and output image <unsigned short>

http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1RescaleIntensityImageFilter.html

Finally pass the output of the IntensityRescale
filter to the reader.

Note that you have to provide the RescaleIntesity
filter with the min and max values that you want
on the gray levels of the output image.

Use : SetOuputMinimun()  and SetOutputMaximum()

Please let us know if you find any problems,