[Insight-users] Re: request info..!! : Morphological Operators

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Wed, 02 Oct 2002 10:18:53 -0400

Hi Digvijay,

The morphological operators in ITK are implemented for
both binary (two level images) and gray level images.

They use a customizable structuring element.

The basic classes are:

http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1BinaryDilateImageFilter.html
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1BinaryErodeImageFilter.html

http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1GrayscaleDilateImageFilter.html
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1GrayscaleErodeImageFilter.html

There is currently no Openning or Closing operator implemeted. you could
get them through the connection of Dilation and Erosion. (It may be
worth to add them
as filters on their own in the future...)

Please let us know if you need more information.