[Insight-users] Thread safety of itkMultiThreader : Aborting filter execution

Hannu Helminen Hannu.Helminen.0001@dosetek.varian.com
Fri, 04 Oct 2002 10:28:42 +0300

Luis & James,

The idea of having the progress reporter contain an abort flag seems a very
good one. At least I would welcome this change, it would make my life much
easier.

But please do not forget my original hope of making the multithreader more
robust. Of course one could be careful never to throw any exceptions from
within ThreadedGenerateData(). But I feel that exception safety is always a
good goal to have, and in this case it could be relatively easily achieved.
ITK is already almost everywhere exception safe.

Hannu
Hannu Helminen
Varian Medical Systems Finland Oy
This is a temporary mail account that may get deleted after spambots
harvest the email address.