[Insight-users] Re: itk Gradient Descent Optimizer : Mixture modeling ?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 15:15:26 -0400

Hi digvijay,

What you are doing looks like a good fit
for Mixture Modeling. That is, fitting a
set of Gaussians to an histogram.

You may want to take a look at the Statistics
package and Classification Framework in ITK.
This can be found at

    Insight/Code/Numerics/Statistics

and

    Insight/Code/Algorithms

The following classes could be good start

GoodnessOfFitMixtureModelCostFunction
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1Statistics_1_1GoodnessOfFitMixtureModelCostFunction.html

MixtureModelEstimator
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1Statistics_1_1ExpectationMaximizationMixtureModelEstimator.html

GaussianMixtureModelComponent
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1Statistics_1_1GaussianMixtureModelComponent.html

SampleClassifier
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1Statistics_1_1SampleClassifier.html

TableLookupSampleClassifier
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1Statistics_1_1TableLookupSampleClassifier.html

Please let us know if you have further questions,