[Insight-users] progressSlider & ProgressEvent & IterationEvent

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 08:35:07 -0400

Hi Zein,

The problem is that not all filters invoke ProgressEvent()'s.

Some of the filters work on iterative basis and it is not
possible to establish in advance how long it will take
them to run. Those iterative filters throw IterationEvents().

You can observe iteration events and increment a counter
in your GUI.  Examples of this can be seen in :

    Insight/Examples/FastMarchingLevelSet
    Insight/Examples/ShapeDetectionLevelSet

For example, Connected components filters work with a
stack of pixels to be visited. Pixels are added to and
removed from the stack. The filter is done when the
stack is empty, but it is not possible to anticipate
how long it will take to process the pixels on the image.

Other filters are simply missing the functionality and
should be added to the  TODO list.    :-/

That's the case of the RecursiveGaussian filter for
example.

Thanks for pointing this out,

=3D