Fwd: Re: [Insight-users] Problem building on linux

Mathieu Malaterre malat@free.fr
Sat, 26 Oct 2002 09:17:04 +0200

  Ghassan,
  I ask the cable mailing-list about your problem. And it has already
been seen. So as I have adviced you, you better change your compiler.
gcc3.2 has been reported to work very well.

cheers
mathieu

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [cable] Cable built problem
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 14:09:05 -0400 (EDT)
From: Brad King <brad.king@kitware.com>
To: Mathieu Malaterre <malat@free.fr>
CC: cable@public.kitware.com

Mathieu,

> I tried to help someone build Cable on his linux box and he get this:
>
> WARNING: In /lhome/ghassan/Cable/Parsers/cableXMLSourceParser.cxx, line 555
> XMLSourceParser (0x81325b8): Invalid location entry f0:23 in
> XMLSourceElement
> _3
>
> ERROR: In /lhome/ghassan/Cable/Parsers/cableXMLSourceParser.cxx, line 1006
> XMLSourceParser (0x81325b8): Cannot convert max="1" to integer on
> ArrayType _6

He is using gcc 2.96.  There is a bug in its stream library that breaks
Cable.  Please have him change to an official GCC release.

-Brad

--
Le superflu n'est inutile qu'ŕ ceux qui pensent que le nécessaire est suffisant (P. Desproges)

Mathieu Malaterre
170 chemin des minimes
01600 PARCIEUX
http://mathieu.malaterre.com