[Insight-users] Registration

suresh suresh " <suresh_kb@rediffmail.com
30 Oct 2002 05:26:28 -0000

Hi all,

I'm working on a SPECT to MRI regsitration problem.
The components i'm using are
AffineTransform,
LinearInterpolateFunction,
RegularStepGradientDescentOptimizer
ImageRegistrationMethod
MutualInformationImageToImageMetric

I'm clue less about the the various parametrs these components
need.
like..
the OptimizerScales,
    optimizer iterations,
the No of Spatial Samples for the Metric,
and the Initial Transform parameters for the registration
method.

I tried with these following values

 	   ScalesType parametersScales(
transform->GetNumberOfParameters() );
 	   parametersScales.Fill( 1.0 );
 	   double scale = 1.0 / vnl_math_sqr( 500);
 	   for (int  j = 9; j < 12; j++ )
 	   {
 		parametersScales[j] = scale;
 	   }
 	   optimizer->SetScales( parametersScales );

 	   metric->SetNumberOfSpatialSamples( 50);

registration->SetInitialTransformParameters(transform->GetParameters());
            optimizer->SetNumberOfIterations(400);

But i failed to get the desired results.
I worked with AVW image processing library.Where ,there are very
less parametrs for Registration.
The results were as desired.

Please can any body help in approaching this registration
problem..

Thanks,

suresh