[Insight-users] how to compile?

Tue, 03 Sep 2002 09:51:51 -0400

Hi Alberto,

I'm glad to hear that the compilation went better this time.

About FLTK and VTK:
They have to be built with the *same* compiler that you are
using for building ITK.

Aboiut VTK:
The version of VTK that you download from the web will not work
with  ITK because it is not built with ANSI-STDLIB. Please use
a  built version, make sure you use the same compiler, and enable
ANSI-STDLIB.

About FLTK: We are dropping the support for FLTK 1.0.11 and
moving to FLTK 1.1. It has been very time consuming to try to
support both because they have a different organization of libraries.
Unfortunately the latest release of FLTK1.1 (rc6) is not a very
good one.  I have to use FLTK 1.1 rc 4 (not rc6) in order to get
stable results.

The CMake process with FLTK is to first enable "USE_FLTK" and
then provide the paths for:
1) FLUID_EXE
2) FLTK_BASE_LIBRARY which is libfltk.a
3) FLTK_GL_LIBRARY = libfltk_gl.a
4) FLTK_FORMS_LIBRARY = libfltk_forms.a
5) FLTK_IMAGES_LIBRARY = libfltk_images.a

Note that VTK and FLTK are only used for example
applications. ITK itself is totally independent of these two
toolkits.

Please let us know if you have any problem building the system.

Alberto Bert wrote:
Well, after some trials, I've got a succesfull compilation, BUT,
in order to get it, I've deselected anything concerning vtk and fltk
from ccmake. Here are my ccmake options: