[Insight-users] windows build wrapping compile error

Joshua Cates cates@sci.utah.edu
Wed, 18 Sep 2002 11:00:54 -0600 (MDT)

Hi,

Just a warning that most numerical filters subclassed from
DenseFiniteDifferenceImageFilter will not be able to handle unsigned short
inputs, but instead require real valued data (floats, doubles).

This is an issue that I will address in the future by automatically
casting any non floating point valued input, but for the time being it
does not make sense to wrap, for example,
itkGradientAnisotropicImageFilter<itk::Image<unsigned short, 3>,
itk::Image<float, 3> >.  The filter will run, but the result is not
guaranteed to be valid.

Josh.

 Josh Cates
 School of Computer Science