[Insight-users] OTSU test code

Uday Kurkure Uday Kurkure" <udaykurkure@rediffmail.com
20 Sep 2002 20:05:21 -0000

Hello all,

Thanks Louis and Sayan for your suggestions.

I could successfully run the OTSU test code. Now I have modified
it to take a PNG image as input. It is working fine for this part
of code:

//----------------------------------------------------------------
   // Read in the image
   itk::PNGImageIO::Pointer io;
   io = itk::PNGImageIO::New();
   typedef unsigned char PixelType;
   typedef itk::Image<PixelType, 2> myImage;
   itk::ImageFileReader<myImage>::Pointer input
     = itk::ImageFileReader<myImage>::New();
   input->SetFileName(av[0]);
   input->SetImageIO(io);// comment it if using factory

   // write the input image
   itk::ImageFileWriter<myImage>::Pointer writer1;
   writer1 = itk::ImageFileWriter<myImage>::New();
   writer1->SetInput(input->GetOutput());
   writer1->SetFileName("myinput.png");
   writer1->SetImageIO(io);// comment it if using factory
   writer1->Write();
   // Create and initialize the calculator
   CalculatorType::Pointer calculator = CalculatorType::New();
   calculator->SetImage(input->GetOutput());
   calculator->SetNumberOfHistogramBins( 256);
   calculator->Compute();

But if I don't write out the image (comment the writer1 code
lines)
it always give threshold 0. I want to remove the writing part. Can
some one suggest something.

Thanks,
Uday Kurkure.