[Insight-users] Need help: Curve 2D Extraction Example crashing...

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 09:06:17 -0400

Hi Smita,

The Curve2DExtractor example was originally developed
under Windows NT. It should be running ok.

The program should not crash when the spatial funtion
doesn't capture any points. It should just produce a
final image without any selected points (selected points
are the ones appearing on red).

If the program is crashing there may be an issue in the
execution (or probably a bug that is triggered by a
combination of settings).

Could you please give us a hand with the following
points:

0) What is the pixel type and size of the image that
    you are loading ? Can you see the image ok when you
    click on the "Input" button ?

1) Could you describe more precisely the sequence of
    steps that lead the example to crash. That may help
    us to figure out if there is a bug involved.

2) When you click on the "Parametric Space" button,
    does the pipeline updates ?

    The following buttons should turn to green:

    - Max Eigen Vector
    - Max Eigen Value
    - Min Eigen Value
    - Gradient || EigenVector

    and the progress bar should advance while each one of
    them in on Yellow.

3) If you click on "Max Eigen Value", "Min Eigen Value"
    or "Gradient || EigenVector" are the images displayed ?
    do they look like the ones illustrated on the example
    web page ?

4) Probably the most important: When you click on the
    "Parametric Space" button, a window with a 3D
    representation of the parametric space should popup.

    Do you see a cluster of black points on this image ?

    (By holding the CTRL key and moving the mouse up and
    down you can zoom on the image.)

    Is the cluster overlaped to the Pyramid representing
    the spatial function ?

Hopefully this will lead us to figure out why the program
is crashing in your case.