[Insight-users] Need help: Curve 2D Extraction Example crashing...

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 14:39:55 -0400

Hi Smita,

Thanks for your detailed report.  Looking closer into the
example a couple of bugs were found.

1) Computation of the derivative was being done incorrectly.
    The example didn't follow the evolution of some changes
    in the RecursiveGaussianImageFilter.

2) Initial parameters for the region of acceptance in the
    parametric space were overrriden by the GUI.

Additionally, a normalization was added to the images that
contribute to the parametric space. This helps to remove the
dependencies on the dynamic range of the input image. With
this normalization, the position of the truncated pyramid
for accepting points on the parametric space must hold for
different types of input images.

Curiously, none of the problems found could have caused the
program to crash. So, there may still be some issues in your
platform.

Please let us know if you encounter further problems.