[Insight-users] ThresholdSegmentationLevelSet

Joshua Cates cates@sci.utah.edu
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 10:47:36 -0600 (MDT)

Hi,

Just a couple of tips using this filter:  Your initialization should be a
closed surface such as a sphere or a box.  A single point or line will
disintigrate under its own curvature after only a few iterations.  The key
to getting good results is obviously to find the correct threshold
parameters, which will be a trial and error process for your dataset.

As Luis has alluded to, I have developed an example which works with VTK
visualization (it is a module in SegmentationEditor).  I will probably
check this example into the CVS repository some time next month.

Josh.

 Josh Cates
 School of Computer Science
 University of Utah