[Insight-users] Meta image writer

Stephen R. Aylward aylward@unc.edu
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 14:02:22 -0400

Well, it is available as part of the MetaImage format, and it is
available in the MetaImage libraries, but it currently isn't available
via the ITK IO interface.

I will look into adding this functionality - regretfully I don't know
how to do it off of the top of my head because all readers are now being
created internal to ITK - it is probably quite easy, but please give me
a few days....

In the meantime, you can change the ElementDataFile value to LOCAL and
then append the binary data onto the end of the header file (via a unix
command like 'cat filename.raw >> filename.mhd') to create a single
MetaImage file (make sure there is not a blank line or extract character
on the line following the ElementDataFile tag line.   ITK's reader will
work for this data.

Thanks,
Stephen

Zein Salah wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> How can I force the Meta Image Writer to write to one single file, NOT
> header+raw files??
>
> Thanks,
> Zein
>

> ->8<------------->8<------------->8<------------->8<------------->8<------------->8<-
> Zein I. Salah
> Universität Tübingen, WSI-GRIS
> Sand 14
> 72076 Tübingen
> Email: salah@gris.uni-tuebingen.de <mailto:salah@gris.uni-tuebingen.de>
> / zeinsalah@hotmail.com <mailto:zeinsalah@hotmail.com>
> Tel.: (07071) 29 75465 (GRIS) , (07071) 96 44 39 (privat)
> Fax: (07071) 29 54 66

Dr. Stephen R. Aylward
Assistant Professor of Radiology
Adjunct Assistant Professor of Computer Science
http://caddlab.rad.unc.edu
aylward@unc.edu
(919) 966-9695