[Insight-users] Neighborhood Iterator

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Tue, 01 Apr 2003 23:34:55 -0500

Hi George,

There is not an iterator that will perform exactly this
sequence of movements. It seems to be interesting to have
it for exploring regions around a seed.

The FloodFillConditional iterator could perform this type of
walking/growing  if its natural data structure is changed from
a std::stack to a std::queue.

This is something that seems to be worth investigating further
since this same change could improve the performance of
several region growing filters.

Luis