[Insight-users] segmenting delay

Robin Gandhi itkmail@yahoo.com
Wed, 2 Apr 2003 08:44:50 -0800 (PST)

hi everyone,
   I am semgmenting a brain tumour out of a MRI volume
(256x256x24) using the ConfidenceConnected.cxx example
in the Examples/Segmentation directory.

These are the parameters that I am using for this
example, (I have changed the example to work on a 3D
volume.)

Smoothing filter CurvatureFlowImageFilter

smoothing->SetNumberOfIterations( 10 );
smoothing->SetTimeStep( 0.125 );

Confidenceconnected filter

confidenceConnected->SetMultiplier( 2.5 );
confidenceConnected->SetNumberOfIterations( 5 );
confidenceConnected->SetReplaceValue( 255 );
confidenceConnected->SetInitialNeighborhoodRadius( 5
);

The results of segmenting the tumor are good but it
takes around 30 to 40 seconds to do the segmentation
for a very small tumour volume.

Can any one suggest me the parameters I can tune
to reduce the processing time for this 3D volume.

thanks in advance
--Robin.