[Insight-users] AW: [vtkusers] Normal Calculation

salah salah@gris.uni-tuebingen.de
Thu, 3 Apr 2003 11:37:31 +0200

Shyam,

having 3 points, it is simple to calculate the normal of the plane =
containing them.

suppose the points are p1, p2, and p3.=20

calculate the vector from p1 to p2  =3D p12=20
calculate the vector from p1 to p3  =3D p13=20
the normal to the plane is the cross product of p12 and p13.

Friends, please correct me if I am wrong.

Regards,

Zein

-----Urspr=FCngliche Nachricht-----