[Insight-users] Re: Creating bitmap from pixel data

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Mon, 14 Apr 2003 11:00:10 -0400

Hi Amit,

In order to get a BitMap from a volume data set
you can use one of the following three options:

1) itkExtractImageFilter
2) itkRegionOfInterestImageFilter
3) ImageSliceIterator

--

(1) Can create a 2D image from a 3D volume.
     you can then get the pointer to the contiguous

        GetBufferPointer();

     in the output image of filter

       extractFilter->GetOutput()->GetBufferPointer();

(2) Can create a 3D image 1 slice thick from
     the 3D volume. Then, again you use the GetBufferPointer
     of the output image for initializing your Bitmap.

(3) You can access directly the Volume and use
     the ImageSlice iterator, over a region. The region
     will be defined with thickness 1 along the dimension
     in which you want the slice to be extracted.

     Josh Cates recently added a chapter to the SoftwareGuide
     describing the use of Iteratos.

        http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

     chapter 10, pdf-page 301