[Insight-users] Registration on PET to CT- Help Needed !!!

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Sat, 19 Apr 2003 14:12:40 -0400

Hi Sateesh,

The initialization is quite off, the center is
not the expected value and the translation is
also understimated.

-----

Your data sets are:

1) 512x512 pixels with spacing 0.97mm x 0.97mm

    that makes an extent of aprox.:

        496mm x 496mm

2) 128x128 pixels with spacing 3.9mm x 3.9mm

    that make an extent of aprox.:

         499mm x 499mm

IFF the origin of the image is in the (0,0) mm,
we should expect the center to be initialized
around

          250mm  x 250mm

However the CenteredTransformInitializer seems
to be starting the center at:

         70.94mm x 75.74mm

So,... something is wrong here...
and it is unrelated to the registration
process. There seems to be an inconsistency
in your input data.

------

Questions:

1) Is the content of the image centered
    in the  slice ?

    I'm assuming that you have something
    like a brain image and the anatomical
    structures are in the center of the image....
    Is this the case ?

2) Are you using the CentereTransformInitializer
    in Geometry mode or in Center of mass mode ?

3) What are the origin values of the images ?

    Please verify the value of the origin for your
    images. You can do this by printing out the
    values returned by the "GetOrigin()" method in
    the image.

    Look at the SoftwareGuide
    http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf
    Section 4.1.4, pdf-page 30 for details on this.

It is not worth to start the registration
process until you have verified the correct
initialization of the transform....

Please let us know what you find.