[Insight-users] Meta Image header format

Prasad Sarma sarma_lv@yahoo.com
Sun, 20 Apr 2003 08:04:36 -0700 (PDT)

hi Luis,

   I have written the header file in the following way
and the program worked for the rescale intensity Image
filter with out any problem and I got the PNG image
but surprisingly the size of the PNG file is 2337 !!
where I expected the 4096 for 64X64 image.

Could you tell me where I can find the format for
writing the header files for various types of images
esp for meta image.(like for float, double etc , I
have seen from one of class I am taking that the
header format is like the one below but they used to
for the 3 dimensional image of MET_UCHAR type).

I looked at the "IO" and "filtering" modules of ITK
and they don't seem to have the samples for this type.
and also class hirarchy for the MetaImageIO. but they
don't seem to mention the header file format.

here is mine for 64X64 float type image.

------------------------------
NDims = 2
DimSize = 64 64
ElementType = MET_FLOAT
ElementSpacing = 1.0 1.0
ElementByteOrderMSB = True
ElementDataFile = 17198_1_slice_1.raw

(I checked the float values of pixels for float images
before. They are fine.)

Thanks

Prasad