[Insight-users] What does this error mean?

Bill Oliver billo@Radix.Net
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 14:37:19 -0400 (EDT)

I am playing with the included applications in the ITK package, and am
having difficulty writing PNG images.   For instance, if I run
PNGImageReadWrite on a 2D png image, I get

% ./PNGImageReadWrite tst.png 1 tst1

File succesfully read !
Exception caught during PNG file writing

itk::ExceptionObject (0x8077bb8)
Location: "Unknown"
File: /usr/local/include/InsightToolkit/IO/itkImageFileWriter.txx
Line: 119

I get the *same* error if I read in a 3D raw image:

./RawImageReadWritePNG tst.raw 256 256 256 tst1
File succesfully read !
Exception caught during Raw file writing

itk::ExceptionObject (0x8083cc8)
Location: "Unknown"
File: /usr/local/include/InsightToolkit/IO/itkImageFileWriter.txx
Line: 119

What does this error mean?  I looked at the .txx file, but the only thing I got out
of it was that the ImageIO was not constructed.

I *don't* get an error reading the data files or viewing them (either PNG or Raw) only
writing them.

Further, some other apps, such as AnisotropicDiffusionFltkGui2D can, indeed, read and save
a .png file.

Thanks!

billo