[Insight-users] System Memory-Help Needed!!!

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Thu, 24 Apr 2003 20:16:09 -0400

Hi Cspl,

It seems that you are using MultiResolution, in that case
it is to expect that memory demands will go up because you
form image pyramids with both images to be registered.

What you can do in this case is to reduce the number of
pyramid level (although you are already in 3).

Another option is to do the following steps:

1) actually subsample the images,
2) perform a registration with the reduced resolution version,
3) save the final transform parameters
4) perform a single resolution registration using the
    previous transform paramters as initial values for the
    current registration.

The fact is that in the multi-resolution framework, every
level of the pyramid is registered independently of the
others, so the images in the other levels are not actually
required to be there. The current framework create the full
pyramid for simplicity, but you could imaging another strategy
in which the images for every level could be loaded in memory
only when needed.