[Insight-users] Distance field of an image

Mark Foskey mark_foskey@unc.edu
Mon, 28 Apr 2003 16:40:29 -0400

I have not tried this, but it might work to use a
FastMarchingImageFilter with a constant speed image with all pixels =
1.  I would be interested in knowing if this works, and how fast it is.
  Experts in that filter may correct me if it would obviously fail.

Generally, the Danielsson filter is considered to be a reasonably fast
filter for what it is trying to do.  You may find it hard to beat.
However, if you do find something much better, please let us know!