[Insight-users] boundary of image

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 08:58:02 -0400

Hi Chen,

The ITK implementation of morphology operations
also decompose the processing of the boundary
regions. This is done by the SmartNeighborhood
iterator.

So, the difference in preformance is not due to
boundary processing.

About your speed comparison:

1) In what platform are you compiling ITK ?

2) Did you enable the "Release" option in
   CMake when configuring ITK ?

   Enabling "Release" will add the flags for
   code optimization, given that most of ITK
   is templated code, there is a dramatic speed
   difference between code compiled for debug
   and code compiled for release.