[Insight-users] Initial level set from a binary image

Fri, 01 Aug 2003 11:14:34 -0400

Hi Zein,

Two good options are:

1) ReinitializeLevelSetImageFilter
http://www . itk . org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1ReinitializeLevelSetImageFilter . html
which expect the input to be a binary image with values -1:1.

2) AntialiasBinaryImageFilter
http://www . itk . org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1AntiAliasBinaryImageFilter . html

Option (1) computes the equivalent of a signed distance functino to the
edge of the binary mask that you pass as input.

Option (2) computes a very narrow region around the edge.

In both cases the output will be an image of pixel type float,
in which the surface is represented by the zero-set.