[Insight-users] ITK tcl binding

Tony Pan tpan at bmi . osu . edu
Mon, 4 Aug 2003 12:56:43 -0400

I just got ITK built from source code dated 7/21/2003.  I have python
and tcl wrapping enabled and built using the CableSwig mechanism.

I am unable to run the tcl script ImageRegistration3.tcl in the Examples
Registration directory, however.  There doesn't seem to be an
itk::create method.  Has the tcl api changed when wrapping generation
moved from Cable to CableSwig?

I have tried both itkwish and straight tclsh.  All the paths are setup
properly.  I can load InsightToolkit package.

The other thing that's a bit confusing is the naming convention.  I
figured out what F2, F3, D2, D3 meant, but in translating a cxx file to
a tcl script (or python script), I don't know how to translate cxx
filter names (for example, filter that uses RGBPixel) to the
corresponding tcl filter names.

Tcl and Python also use different naming conventions - e.g.
itkImageRegistrationMethodF2F2 in python vs ImageRegistrationMethodF2
for Tcl.  These are both ImageRegistraion3 scripts.

Is there a document that describes these mappings?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Tony Pan
Biomedical Informatics
The Ohio State University