[Insight-users] Re: Extracting Coronal, Saggital, Axial

marcellus walace marcelluswalace at hotmail . com
Wed, 13 Aug 2003 15:08:17 +0200

Hi Luis and/Or ITK Users,

I've two questions:

1: I want to use iterators tp build 2D image from 3Dimage as it is describe
in the user guide,
but my directory InsigthToolkit/Example/iterators/  is Empty!!!!!
I don't understand why!!

2: I trying to build 3D volumes with 2D dicoms slive using the
MetaImageViewer application.
But despite I can view each dicom files I cannot view to 3D volume built!!
or the image is not clear
So I send you the headers file so that you may be able to help me!

The Header of Meta File:NDims = 3
DimSize = 512 512 12
ElementSpacing = 1 1 1
Position = 0 0 0
ElementByteOrderMSB = False
ElementType = MET_UCHAR    (if I put another value to this field the 3D
image will be invisible, gray screen)
HeaderSize = -1
ElementDataFile = Im%d 1 12 1

second series Dicoms files properties:
(I view all but not a 3D volume: I see all the dicoms image on the same line
at the bottom of my screen
if I put the field ElementType to the value MET_FLOAT or somethin I see
nothing )

Reference Count 1
Modified time: 32
Debug: off
Observers: None
Abort Generated Data: off
Progress: 0
FileName: Im.1
FilePrefix:
Filetype 2
IOregion: Dimension: 2
Index: 0 0
Number of Components/Pixels: 1
Pixel Type: short
Component Type: Short
Dimensions: <512, 512 >
Spacing: < 1.875  , 1.875 >
Origin: <0 , 0 >

And when I try to view it I've itk warnings like:

MetaImage: M_ReadElements: data not read completely
ideal = 262144: actual = 0

for each dicom files read.

CAn you Help me please

Regards.