[Insight-users] Viewing images with InsightApplications/ImageViewer

Mon, 18 Aug 2003 11:29:28 -0400

Hi Marcellus,

When you run the ImageViewer application, you should
see the image data in a slice by slice presentation.

It will look pretty much like the images at the bottom
of the following page:

     http://www . itk . org/HTML/GaussianFilter . htm

---

There are basically two ways of seeing a 3D volume:

    A) Volume rendering
    B) Slice by slice

The ImageViewer in InsightApplications does (B).

If you want to get (A) you may want to look at VolView,
or to implementing your own VTK volume rendering
pipeline.