[Insight-users] iterators

Tue, 19 Aug 2003 11:33:44 -0400

Marcellus,

Dicom and PNG are fileformats. They only define
how you store images in files in your disk, and
are independent of the mechanisms used for managing
the image in memory in ITK.

The internal data structure for managing images
in ITK is the itk::Image class.

You will find a full description of this class
in the Software Guide

   http://www . itk . org/ItkSoftwareGuide . pdf

Please look at the Data Representation Chapter,
and the Image section 4.1.

The ImageFileReader<>  class loads images from
files (like Dicom and PNG) and creates itk::Images
in memory. Please look at chaper 7 in the software
guide for a description of the ImageFileReader

Once you have an itk::Image, you can use any
itk::Iterator on it.  Please look at the section
on iterators on the Software guide.: Section 11.1