[Insight-users] Matrix size being set on run time (itk::MatrixResizeable vs itk::Matrix)

Wed, 20 Aug 2003 15:33:01 -0400

HI Adolfo,

There is historical reason for this.

The Matrix was initially introduced for supporting
transforms in ND space.  ITK points and vectors
were templated over dimension, so the matrix naturally
followed the same path.

Later on, the need for a resizable matrix came up
and Aaron's class was the response to that need.