[Insight-users] itkVTKImageToImageFilter and release data flag

Thu, 21 Aug 2003 18:32:09 -0400

Hi Michael,

You observation is correct.

These filters are not real ITK filters.

They are actually adaptors between ITK and VTK
filters. So, they can not be ITK nor VTK filters.

Any VTK or ITK desired functinality must be
selected by calling the GetImporter() and/or
GetExporter() filters.

You may want to take a look at the internal code
of the

     ImageToVTKImageFilter and
     VTKImageToImageFilter

they are pretty simple, just containing a ITK
and a VTK Importer/Exporter.