[Insight-users] Degenerated volumes question

Benjamin King king . benjamin at mh-hannover . de
Tue, 26 Aug 2003 15:18:54 +0100

Hi all,

I'm working on a program that takes a labled volume and then finds the
minimal itk::Region that contains all voxels with a certain label. I often
get very small regions i.e. with a size of (1,8,4). Extracting them with
itk::RegionOfInterestImageFilter and afterwards applying morphological
operations often (but not always) results in segmentation faults.

Padding the small regions will probably fix this but I was wondering if it
would be possible to hide this in the MorphologyImageFilter class. After
all these filters have to handle boundary conditions anyway, haven't they?

I also think that a segmentation fault is not a very graceful way to handle
degenerated volumes.

Best regards,
  Benjamin

--